Profile of Spine Care Coordination
This month Heartland Health, St. Joseph, MO, will cut the ribbon on its new Human Motion Institute Spine Center—the culmination of a thoughtful strategy for taking care of spine patients, and how to get them the optimal spine care treatments for their specific needs.
Heartland Health is an integrated delivery system anchored by 350-bed Heartland Regional Medical Center. It's the sole inpatient provider in its community and serves 300,000 people in 21 counties in four states: Missouri, Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska. Its nearest competitors are the large medical centers of Kansas City, about a 45-minute drive away.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big