Profile of Spine Care Coordination
This month Heartland Health, St. Joseph, MO, will cut the ribbon on its new Human Motion Institute Spine Center—the culmination of a thoughtful strategy for taking care of spine patients, and how to get them the optimal spine care treatments for their specific needs.
Heartland Health is an integrated delivery system anchored by 350-bed Heartland Regional Medical Center. It's the sole inpatient provider in its community and serves 300,000 people in 21 counties in four states: Missouri, Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska. Its nearest competitors are the large medical centers of Kansas City, about a 45-minute drive away.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told