Profile of Spine Care Coordination
This month Heartland Health, St. Joseph, MO, will cut the ribbon on its new Human Motion Institute Spine Center—the culmination of a thoughtful strategy for taking care of spine patients, and how to get them the optimal spine care treatments for their specific needs.
Heartland Health is an integrated delivery system anchored by 350-bed Heartland Regional Medical Center. It's the sole inpatient provider in its community and serves 300,000 people in 21 counties in four states: Missouri, Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska. Its nearest competitors are the large medical centers of Kansas City, about a 45-minute drive away.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion