Profile of Spine Care Coordination
This month Heartland Health, St. Joseph, MO, will cut the ribbon on its new Human Motion Institute Spine Center—the culmination of a thoughtful strategy for taking care of spine patients, and how to get them the optimal spine care treatments for their specific needs.
Heartland Health is an integrated delivery system anchored by 350-bed Heartland Regional Medical Center. It's the sole inpatient provider in its community and serves 300,000 people in 21 counties in four states: Missouri, Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska. Its nearest competitors are the large medical centers of Kansas City, about a 45-minute drive away.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December