Clinical Services Outsourcing: What Hospitals Must Know Before Choosing a Partner
Not simply a trend, clinical services outsourcing has become standard practice among hospitals today. And for good reason: Outsourcing firms provide clinical and financial results that often elude providers caught in the minutiae of a complex healthcare system.
"Outsourcing is about getting rid of waste and barriers that impede doctors from doing what they do best, which is caring for patients," explains Theresa Tavernero, vice president of client services with clinical outsourcing services provider TeamHealth.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs