Emergency Department and Hospital Medicine Outsourcing
Healthcare reform. Meaningful use of information technology. Pay for performance. RAC audits. HCAHPS. Revenue cycle optimization. The list goes on. While it appears that hospital leaders have plenty on their plates, they'd better make room for more.
"2011 is the year of the hospitalist and the emergency department," says healthcare quality improvement expert Quint Studer, recalling a keynote speech he delivered at a major healthcare conference last year. "Hospital executives are realizing they must get both of these facets running better if they are to achieve meaningful enhancements."
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Two-Midnight Rule Will Cost Hospitals Big
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- The Hospital of the Future is Not a Hospital
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case