Executive Insight Report: Capital Finance and Industry Consolidation
The latest Executive Insight Report explores the results of a new HealthLeaders Media Buzz Survey on capital finance and industry consolidation The data reveal that many healthcare organizations are following similar strategies when it comes to acquisitions and affiliations. Far more organizations say they expect to acquire or partner than be bought. Similarly, expanding a geographic footprint is the predominant reason for healthcare groups’ M&A, partnership, or affiliation efforts. And, the majority of respondents said they are focusing on expanding in the primary care and physician practices. Obviously, not every healthcare organization can be an acquirer, and not every group should focus solely on expanding in primary care and physician practices. How can entities differentiate themselves if every healthcare organization in the industry is following the same strategy? As the industry continues to consolidate, the need for strategic and creative planning, partnering, and financing is essential for all healthcare organizations.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013