Executive Insight Report: Top Skills for Top Executives
In an industry where change is the norm, the most important traits for healthcare industry executives are intangibles like communications skills, a vision for transformative culture change, and willingness to adapt to change, according to the latest HealthLeaders Media and Bank of America Merrill Lynch Buzz Survey. Clearly, leaders in the healthcare industry feel that in this time of acquiring, divesting, merging and blending, job #1 is adaptability and a strong vision for their organization. The third Executive Insight Report explores the results of the latest HealthLeaders Media Buzz Survey on executive skills and resources. The data reveal that although financial expertise was ranked lower on the list of outside resources sought, the overwhelming motivator for seeking external financial expertise is long-term financial strategic planning. Importantly, leadership teams are positioning their organization for the future, shoring up liquidity and viability as the industry continues to consolidate.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness