Laying the Groundwork for Value-Based Purchasing
Focusing on ICD-10 implementation and reducing denials will set the stage for the next generation in healthcare
At Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, reform looms large. From buttoning down denials to implementing ICD-10 to tipping the scale of services from inpatient to outpatient, CHI aims to boost patient satisfaction, quality of care, and revenue. The ultimate goal: Set a foundation to migrate smoothly from a fee-for-service to a value-based purchasing model.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues