Laying the Groundwork for Value-Based Purchasing
Focusing on ICD-10 implementation and reducing denials will set the stage for the next generation in healthcare
At Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, reform looms large. From buttoning down denials to implementing ICD-10 to tipping the scale of services from inpatient to outpatient, CHI aims to boost patient satisfaction, quality of care, and revenue. The ultimate goal: Set a foundation to migrate smoothly from a fee-for-service to a value-based purchasing model.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013