Supreme Court may prohibit lawsuits for FDA-approved devices
Health Imaging News, December 11, 2007
Medtronic and other medical-device makers are attempting to obtain protection from multimillion-dollar product liability lawsuits in a case before the U.S. Supreme Court. In the case, Riegel v. Medtronic, the court will decide on whether patients can file product-liability lawsuits over devices cleared for sale by the FDA's approval process.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care