Teams named to define industry terms
The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology has named members of two work groups that will seek consensus on the definitions and use of five common health IT terms. The Records Work Group will cover the terms electronic health record, electronic medical record and personal health record. The Networks Work Group will focus on the terms Regional Health Information Organization and Health Information Exchange.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised