Make a mistake, and this mannequin dies
Boston Globe, December 28, 2007
Steve Dawson, MD, and his team are creating a dummy that will die if you don't treat it right. Intended for training combat medics, the smart mannequin being built from scratch in his Massachusetts General Hospital lab mimics war wounds with horrifying realism, right down to blood spurting from torn arteries, sucking chest wounds, and appalling shrieks of agony.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care