University of Pittsburgh Medical Center testing ’smart’ rooms
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, January 16, 2008
The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center is testing the use of "smart rooms" equipped with computer screens that display patient's vital signs, medications and other personal information. The computer system also presents reminders to patients to ask for help in getting out of bed if they are at risk for falls.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers