University of Pittsburgh Medical Center testing ’smart’ rooms
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, January 16, 2008
The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center is testing the use of "smart rooms" equipped with computer screens that display patient's vital signs, medications and other personal information. The computer system also presents reminders to patients to ask for help in getting out of bed if they are at risk for falls.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals