California opens Web site for hospital discounts
Los Angeles Times, January 23, 2008
California has become the second state to introduce a Web site that helps consumers find out how much hospitals are willing to discount care for uninsured patients. New York previously gave consumers a tool to shop and compare charity care or discount payment policies. The California site, called the Hospital Fair Pricing Program, is a result of a 2006 law authored by former Democratic Assemblywoman Wilma Chan of Oakland.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus