Website may spark change in medical economics
Minneapolis Star Tribune, January 28, 2008
Carol.com is the first attempt in the country to create an online medical marketplace. The sitewill allow people to "buy" on an à-la-carte basis the medical services they want done. In doing that, the site's creators are riding the leading edge of a wave of change headed toward consumers just as questions about how to cure the nation's chronic healthcare crisis are resounding.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives