Website may spark change in medical economics
Minneapolis Star Tribune, January 28, 2008
Carol.com is the first attempt in the country to create an online medical marketplace. The sitewill allow people to "buy" on an à-la-carte basis the medical services they want done. In doing that, the site's creators are riding the leading edge of a wave of change headed toward consumers just as questions about how to cure the nation's chronic healthcare crisis are resounding.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US