Medical diagnosis just a mouse click away
NewsDay, January 28, 2008
About 80 percent of Internet users in the United States have searched the Internet for information on medicine and health, according to a 2006 survey by the Pew Internet & American Life Project. While the Internet is a great tool to look up symptoms, research specific conditions, look for drug interactions and join discussions with other people with the same ailments, doctors and other health experts say it's no substitute for a doctor.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus