How clinical IT is transforming hospital care--for better and worse
Wachter's World, February 5, 2008
Physician blogger Bob Wachter, MD, disusses the way doctors analyze and use clinical IT. Wachter says that while he has no doubts that IT systems have improved patient care, it is vital to understand some of the unexpected consequences of using the technology.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts