Cyclists' foundation links to for-profit
Wall Street Journal (subscription required), February 5, 2008
The Lance Armstrong Foundation is teaming up with Web-site operator Demand Media Inc. to launch a health-and-wellness Web site funded by advertising. The Foundation currently spends about $40 million a year on health programs and cancer research, and the group felt launching a for-profit site would increase awareness about the foundation and promote its core mission of helping people with cancer.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts