Short of staff, Norway eyes robot care for elderly
Reuters/Yahoo News, February 8, 2008
Norway faces a growing shortage of healthcare staff over the next 5-10 years, and by 2020 a large number of post-World War "baby boomers" will have left the workforce. To help with the problems, two employee groups have teamed up to see how robots and other hi-tech gadgets can be developed to help care for the elderly.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program