Mayo Clinic and IBM establish medical imaging research center
Virtual Medical Worlds Monthly, February 11, 2008
Mayo Clinic and IBM have created the Medical Imaging Informatics Innovation Center, a collaborative research facility aimed at advancing medical imaging technologies to improve the quality of patient care. The center is an extension of a Mayo-IBM research collaboration announced in 2007, the results of which have given physicians the ability to register medical images up to 50-times quicker and provide critical diagnosis in seconds instead of hours.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers