Dr. Robot can see you now
Miami Herald, February 19, 2008
Chico (short for Computer Hospital Intensive Care Operator) allows doctors and other medical workers at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami to virtually examine patients, speak to them, and access digital files--even if they are miles away. As the population gets older and the shortage of healthcare professionals becomes more acute, video-conferencing robots like Chico may be the future of medicine.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts