Health data storage sites might not be secure
San Francisco Chronicle, February 20, 2008
The World Privacy Forum is warning consumers about the potential pitfalls of using newly popular services that consolidate personal health records. Some of the records are kept by companies that are not subject to current federal regulations on privacy and security, according to the Forum.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer