Health data storage sites might not be secure
San Francisco Chronicle, February 20, 2008
The World Privacy Forum is warning consumers about the potential pitfalls of using newly popular services that consolidate personal health records. Some of the records are kept by companies that are not subject to current federal regulations on privacy and security, according to the Forum.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts