ProMedica signs with McKesson
HealthLeaders News Brief, March 10, 2008
ProMedica Health System, an Ohio-based 10 hospital network, has signed with McKesson for an array of clinical software, pharmacy automation and medication distribution services. ProMedica hopes to enhance patient safety and help improve operational efficiencies and reduce healthcare costs.
"This initiative is being driven first by patient safety and quality of service," said Michael Ruhlen, M.D., vice president, medical informatics at ProMedica.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- The case for concierge medicine
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure