ProMedica signs with McKesson
HealthLeaders News Brief, March 10, 2008
ProMedica Health System, an Ohio-based 10 hospital network, has signed with McKesson for an array of clinical software, pharmacy automation and medication distribution services. ProMedica hopes to enhance patient safety and help improve operational efficiencies and reduce healthcare costs.
"This initiative is being driven first by patient safety and quality of service," said Michael Ruhlen, M.D., vice president, medical informatics at ProMedica.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs