ProMedica signs with McKesson
HealthLeaders News Brief, March 10, 2008
ProMedica Health System, an Ohio-based 10 hospital network, has signed with McKesson for an array of clinical software, pharmacy automation and medication distribution services. ProMedica hopes to enhance patient safety and help improve operational efficiencies and reduce healthcare costs.
"This initiative is being driven first by patient safety and quality of service," said Michael Ruhlen, M.D., vice president, medical informatics at ProMedica.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files