WellPoint customer data may have been accessed via Internet
Medical information such as Social Security numbers, pharmacy records and other personal health data from about 130,000 WellPoint Inc. patients may have been accessed via the Internet. WellPoint said customers in several states had information exposed in the last year because two computer servers maintained by a third-party vendor "were not properly secured for a period of time." WellPoint has been notifying customers via letters.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal