WellPoint customer data may have been accessed via Internet
Medical information such as Social Security numbers, pharmacy records and other personal health data from about 130,000 WellPoint Inc. patients may have been accessed via the Internet. WellPoint said customers in several states had information exposed in the last year because two computer servers maintained by a third-party vendor "were not properly secured for a period of time." WellPoint has been notifying customers via letters.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts