Illinois officials launch updated Web portal for Medicaid information
AP/Chicago Tribune, May 12, 2008
The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services has launched the Medical Electronic Data Interchange, which keeps data such as medication and immunization histories, lab orders and hospitalizations for Medicaid patients. In addition to keeping track of Medicaid patient data, officials say the database also helps reduce redundant care, especially when someone is seeing more than one doctors.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts