Organ donation site sparks controversy
ONE News, May 13, 2008
A new organ donor register has been launched which promises preferential treatment for anyone signing up, but doctors say it is not legally binding and is morally repugnant. Members who sign up to the Web site, called LifeSharers, agree to donate their organs when they die, but on the condition that those organs are offered first to fellow members.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions