’Get system out of way’ CEO says
Yahoo News, May 20, 2008
America Online founder Steve Case predicts that converging trends in public policy, technology and consumerism in healthcare will combine to simultaneously create disruption and opportunity, and ultimately lead to a revolution in American healthcare. Case, who now serves as chairman and CEO of Revolution Health, says that as a result, consumers need to overcome security paranoia much like they did in online financial transactions. He argues that once a secure, ubiquitous system is in place, patients and payors alike will be drawn to the financial efficiencies and clinical benefits of connected care.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers