Robotic woman gives birth
The Post Independent, June 3, 2008
A community hospital in Colorado deploys a robot to simulate childbirth and train staff in delivering babies. The birth training using "Noelle" is videotaped so participants can later analyze their performance and discuss improvements. The robot is especially helpful to prepare for more rare problems that hospital staff won't often see in real life, and the simulation can also help promote teamwork, hospital officials said.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations