Robotic woman gives birth
The Post Independent, June 3, 2008
A community hospital in Colorado deploys a robot to simulate childbirth and train staff in delivering babies. The birth training using "Noelle" is videotaped so participants can later analyze their performance and discuss improvements. The robot is especially helpful to prepare for more rare problems that hospital staff won't often see in real life, and the simulation can also help promote teamwork, hospital officials said.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program