RFID technology helps hospitals keep track of medical devices
Boston Globe, June 9, 2008
At UMass Memorial Medical Center, an effort is underway to trim costs by using radio frequency identification, or RFID. Proponents say it might save lives and money by preventing medical mistakes and speeding the recall of defective products.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions