RFID technology helps hospitals keep track of medical devices
Boston Globe, June 9, 2008
At UMass Memorial Medical Center, an effort is underway to trim costs by using radio frequency identification, or RFID. Proponents say it might save lives and money by preventing medical mistakes and speeding the recall of defective products.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US