The pros and cons of online counseling
Orlando Sentinel, June 24, 2008
A growing number of people are turning to the Internet for mental-health counseling via instant messaging, e-mail exchanges or videoconferencing. Proponents of the trend cite convenience and anonymity as driving factors, but some mental-health professionals say the lack of face-to-face contact undermines meaningful therapy.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers