E-prescription networks to merge
Alexandria, VA-based SureScripts and St. Paul, MN-based RxHub, the nation's two electronic prescription networks, plan to announce that they are merging in an effort to encourage the adoption of their technology by doctors and patients. The companies say they hope the broader use of the technology will cut down on costs and medical mistakes. For about seven years, the firms have tried to persuade doctors to dump handwritten prescriptions in favor of sending prescriptions electronically, but doctors have been slow to adopt.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers