Boston hospital: Forgers defrauded patients
A check forgery ring targeted patients at Boston-based New England Baptist Hospital, according to hospital and law enforcement officials. The forgers used private checking account information and stole identities to take as much as $3,000 from each victim. So far, nine victims have been identified by the hospital, but more may have been targeted, officials said.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'