North Carolina Blues jump start e-prescribing
Health Data Management, July 29, 2008
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is trying to entice physicians to use electronic prescribing by offering incentives such as a $1,000 bonus for doing so. Blue Cross is offering the one-time cash incentive to those who meet certain criteria, including registering with a certified e-prescribing vendor and accessing medication histories for at least 20 patients in the fourth quarter of 2008. Any pharmacies not currently able to accept electronic prescriptions that become electronically enabled by the end of 2008 also will qualify for the $1,000 incentive.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal