Latest EMR bill differs from Energy and Commerce plan
A bill being proposed by House Ways and Means Health Subcommittee Chairman Fortney (Pete) Stark (D-CA), would create a nationwide EMR system using Medicare reimbursement to push healthcare providers to adopt the new technology. The bill would also use a matching grant program to help prompt adoption of an EMR system.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts