Hospital workers fired for posting patient photos online
Two University of New Mexico Hospital employees have been fired for using cell phone cameras to photograph patients receiving treatment, primarily in the hospital's emergency room, and then posting the images to MySpace. Although the employees' profiles on the social networking site were private, they were discovered after a hospital supervisor received an anonymous tip.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer