Hospital workers fired for posting patient photos online
Two University of New Mexico Hospital employees have been fired for using cell phone cameras to photograph patients receiving treatment, primarily in the hospital's emergency room, and then posting the images to MySpace. Although the employees' profiles on the social networking site were private, they were discovered after a hospital supervisor received an anonymous tip.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals