Superbug test detects MRSA faster
HealthDay/Washington Post, September 30, 2008
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved a new test that can detect skin infections in less than an hour, the test's manufacturer said. Sunnyvale, CA-based Cepheid said its Xpert test should help doctors to quickly determine which antibiotic would be most effective in treating the infections, including antibiotic-resistant infections such as MRSA.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US