Too much data but not enough information
It is often heard that healthcare IT lags behind financial world of IT by about 10 years or that healthcare IT should look to the financial sector for cues about doing IT right. But in his latest blog, John Halamka, MD, CIO of the CareGroup Health System, talks about why he doubts he'll be hearing either of those tidbits in 2008.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer