Too much data but not enough information
It is often heard that healthcare IT lags behind financial world of IT by about 10 years or that healthcare IT should look to the financial sector for cues about doing IT right. But in his latest blog, John Halamka, MD, CIO of the CareGroup Health System, talks about why he doubts he'll be hearing either of those tidbits in 2008.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013