Hospitals jump on the biometrics bandwagon with patient hand scans
BayCare, Tampa Bay, FL's largest hospital group, has biometric information that can be used to identify patients every time they step into a BayCare facility. Those include the hospitals of Morton Plant Mease, St. Joseph's, St. Anthony’s, and the Bardmoor Outpatient & Surgery Center in Largo. BayCare is among the first healthcare providers stepping into biometrics—technology that is spreading everywhere, from airport security to Walt Disney World.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal