Massachusetts insurer wants to write off prescription pads
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts will require doctors to adopt computer prescription systems by 2011 if they want to qualify for bonus payments. The change will come a year ahead of a similar requirement by the federal government for doctors who treat patients under Medicare. Proponents say "e-prescribing" can reduce medication errors, complications from drug interactions and drug allergies, and overall pharmacy costs.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013