Microsoft bests Google with Aetna, Yahoo beefs up through partnerships
paidcontent.org/Washington Post, October 28, 2008
Microsoft continues to line up HealthVault partners: the latest is Connecticut-based health insurer Aetna. Members currently using Aetna's electronic Personal Health Record feature will be able to transfer those records to Microsoft's HealthVault in November. In addition, Yahoo is bulking up its Health portal with content from HealthGrades and Waterfront Media's Everyday Health Network. HealthGrades provides hospital and physician ratings and reviews, which Yahoo will integrate into a new, searchable physician database along with related Yahoo Answers and Yahoo Group discussions.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios