Texas-based Baylor Health Care says laptop with patient data stolen
A laptop computer containing limited health information on 100,000 patients was stolen from a Baylor Health Care System Inc. employee's car in September, a representative from the Texas-based system announced. A letter is being sent to the patients, including 7,400 whose Social Security numbers were stored on the computer.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers