High tech healthcare
The melding of healthcare and wireless technology is creating new tools for providers. Driven by laboratory breakthroughs, falling prices of existing technologies, and interest from major companies such as Qualcomm, Intel, IBM, Microsoft, and AT&T, wireless healthcare is expected to grow to a nearly $2 billion industry in the next five years.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'