VMware expands desktop virtualization capabilities
Network World, December 2, 2008
VMware has renamed and expanded upon its desktop virtualization software, with features that reduce storage requirements and allow offline access to desktops. VMware View, formerly known as Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, gives IT managers an easier way to manage desktops while also providing end users more flexible access to personalized desktops from pretty much any thin client or PC, says Raj Mallempati, a VMware product marketing manager.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised