Athenahealth's Bush says don't make health IT reform a bailout
President-elect Barack Obama has said earlier he'll make digitizing patient records a key tenet of an ambitious economic recovery and infrastructure-building plan. After numerous stalled attempts, athenahealth CEO Jonathan Bush says this time it could happen. But not if the money goes toward packaged software-based approaches, he says. Bush is an entrepreneur in online billing services for doctors.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor