Athenahealth's Bush says don't make health IT reform a bailout
President-elect Barack Obama has said earlier he'll make digitizing patient records a key tenet of an ambitious economic recovery and infrastructure-building plan. After numerous stalled attempts, athenahealth CEO Jonathan Bush says this time it could happen. But not if the money goes toward packaged software-based approaches, he says. Bush is an entrepreneur in online billing services for doctors.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts