Athenahealth's Bush says don't make health IT reform a bailout
President-elect Barack Obama has said earlier he'll make digitizing patient records a key tenet of an ambitious economic recovery and infrastructure-building plan. After numerous stalled attempts, athenahealth CEO Jonathan Bush says this time it could happen. But not if the money goes toward packaged software-based approaches, he says. Bush is an entrepreneur in online billing services for doctors.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013