Using technology to meet HIPAA regulations
SC Magazine, January 20, 2009
With increasing instances of data breaches and the introduction of HIPAA and other state and federal mandates, closer attention is being paid to privacy concerns. But the challenges are daunting: Access to healthcare records can come from hospital staff tapping into the database, or from malicious outsiders hacking their way into the database mining for the valuable personal information.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions