Using technology to meet HIPAA regulations
SC Magazine, January 20, 2009
With increasing instances of data breaches and the introduction of HIPAA and other state and federal mandates, closer attention is being paid to privacy concerns. But the challenges are daunting: Access to healthcare records can come from hospital staff tapping into the database, or from malicious outsiders hacking their way into the database mining for the valuable personal information.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts