Using technology to meet HIPAA regulations
SC Magazine, January 20, 2009
With increasing instances of data breaches and the introduction of HIPAA and other state and federal mandates, closer attention is being paid to privacy concerns. But the challenges are daunting: Access to healthcare records can come from hospital staff tapping into the database, or from malicious outsiders hacking their way into the database mining for the valuable personal information.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction