Western NY launches patient record exchange
Doctors in western New York have a new, electronic way to access patient records with the launch of the HEALTHeLINK Western New York Clinical Information Exchange. One goal of the health data exchange system is to reduce medical errors and avoid costly duplicative tests. The system is also a step toward Gov. David Paterson's goal of creating a unified statewide system where doctors can access records that are now scattered among different clinics and offices.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor