John Glaser comments on CCHIT
John Glaser, CIO at Boston-based Partners HealthCare System, comments on the Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology. Glaser says "the organization is a potent force on the HIT landscape, engaging the collective input of the industry, certifying dozens of products and becoming a major consideration in health IT purchasing decisions." He adds, however, that certification criteria are evolving from a form of Consumer Reports ratings to a powerful reimbursement and regulatory mechanism. As a result, CCHIT needs to be thoughtful and deliberate as the industry evolves, Glaser said.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions