John Glaser comments on CCHIT
John Glaser, CIO at Boston-based Partners HealthCare System, comments on the Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology. Glaser says "the organization is a potent force on the HIT landscape, engaging the collective input of the industry, certifying dozens of products and becoming a major consideration in health IT purchasing decisions." He adds, however, that certification criteria are evolving from a form of Consumer Reports ratings to a powerful reimbursement and regulatory mechanism. As a result, CCHIT needs to be thoughtful and deliberate as the industry evolves, Glaser said.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch