John Glaser comments on CCHIT
John Glaser, CIO at Boston-based Partners HealthCare System, comments on the Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology. Glaser says "the organization is a potent force on the HIT landscape, engaging the collective input of the industry, certifying dozens of products and becoming a major consideration in health IT purchasing decisions." He adds, however, that certification criteria are evolving from a form of Consumer Reports ratings to a powerful reimbursement and regulatory mechanism. As a result, CCHIT needs to be thoughtful and deliberate as the industry evolves, Glaser said.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'