John Glaser comments on CCHIT
John Glaser, CIO at Boston-based Partners HealthCare System, comments on the Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology. Glaser says "the organization is a potent force on the HIT landscape, engaging the collective input of the industry, certifying dozens of products and becoming a major consideration in health IT purchasing decisions." He adds, however, that certification criteria are evolving from a form of Consumer Reports ratings to a powerful reimbursement and regulatory mechanism. As a result, CCHIT needs to be thoughtful and deliberate as the industry evolves, Glaser said.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings