Commentary: Myths, facts, and scams from the 2009 economic stimulus law
The Coker Group, February 24, 2009
This blog posting from the Coker Connection seeks to offer some guidance for providers attempting to decode the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009's technological requirements. The most daunting part of the stimulus package for many practices are the words "meaningful use," the article contends. Coker asks "what does this phrase mean in dollars and cents and what does this mean in terms of changing the way doctors and other providers practice and deliver healthcare to their patients?"
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments