Commentary: Myths, facts, and scams from the 2009 economic stimulus law
The Coker Group, February 24, 2009
This blog posting from the Coker Connection seeks to offer some guidance for providers attempting to decode the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009's technological requirements. The most daunting part of the stimulus package for many practices are the words "meaningful use," the article contends. Coker asks "what does this phrase mean in dollars and cents and what does this mean in terms of changing the way doctors and other providers practice and deliver healthcare to their patients?"
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%