Technology enables St. Louis doctors to treat patients via Internet
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, February 25, 2009
Physicians at St. Louis Cardiology Consultants have opened a Web portal to a segment of patients, part of a systemwide rollout of electronic medical records across SSM Health Care. Through the portal, cardiology patients can hop online to request prescription refills, check portions of their medical records, or send questions about their conditions. Within a few years, the cardiologists expect to be trading e-mails with patients and possibly holding real-time Web chats.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts