Technology enables St. Louis doctors to treat patients via Internet
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, February 25, 2009
Physicians at St. Louis Cardiology Consultants have opened a Web portal to a segment of patients, part of a systemwide rollout of electronic medical records across SSM Health Care. Through the portal, cardiology patients can hop online to request prescription refills, check portions of their medical records, or send questions about their conditions. Within a few years, the cardiologists expect to be trading e-mails with patients and possibly holding real-time Web chats.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs