Technology enables St. Louis doctors to treat patients via Internet
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, February 25, 2009
Physicians at St. Louis Cardiology Consultants have opened a Web portal to a segment of patients, part of a systemwide rollout of electronic medical records across SSM Health Care. Through the portal, cardiology patients can hop online to request prescription refills, check portions of their medical records, or send questions about their conditions. Within a few years, the cardiologists expect to be trading e-mails with patients and possibly holding real-time Web chats.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives