CalPERS to launch electronic prescribing pilot program
Sacramento Business Journal, March 24, 2009
The California Public Employees' Retirement System will launch a pilot project in April to look at ways that electronic prescribing can improve patient safety and reduce healthcare costs, CalPERS officials announced. Cosponsored by Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield of California and Medco Health Solutions Inc., the pilot program will continue through early 2010.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised